If you are not a registered client with Direct Broking then you
still have an option to sell your shares without needing to become a
registered client before placing your order.
Read the information below to find out more about our One-Off Sale facility for non-clients.
Direct Broking is part of ANZ New Zealand Securities Limited, a subsidiary of
ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited.
- To sell New Zealand shares
- To sell Australian shares
- To sell UK shares
- NZ$100.00 or 1.25% (whichever is greater)
- AU$100.00 or 1.25% (whichever is greater)
- GB£100.00 or 2.00% (whichever is greater)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Download and print a One-off Sale Requirement Form from the list below, or call 0800 805 777 and
we will send a form to you in the post. A Requirement Form must be completed and supplied before a sale can take place.
- Complete your shareholding details on the Requirement Form and supply the specified identification documents.
- Send the Requirement Form and your identification documents to Direct Broking by post - we cannot accept faxed or emailed copies.
- Your Requirement Form and identification documents will be verified by Direct Broking in accordance with our NZX and ASX compliance obligations.
PLEASE NOTE: this can be a lengthy process and you should make allowances for a delay before your shares are sold.
- If your form and identification documents are correct you will be contacted by Direct Broking by telephone, at which point your shares will be sold
at the best available market price.
- After the sale has been completed, Direct Broking will send written confirmation of the sale to your registered address and the proceeds of the sale will be
credited to a bank account in the name of the Registered Shareholder(s) at the completion of the specified settlement day.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- Your shares will not be sold until you are contacted by Direct Broking after the receipt and approval of your requirement form and
- A One-off Sale Requirement Form must be completed and supplied before a sale can take place.
- A One-off Sale can only be conducted by a shareholder who is not an existing Direct Broking client.
- The shareholder(s) can only conduct a One-off Sale (via Direct Broking) once.
- When selling shares as part of a One-off Sale the entire holding must be sold and no shares retained.
- Shares cannot be sold on a one-off basis for Registered Companies or Family Trusts, a client account must be opened.
All one-off sales are conducted in accordance with NZX Rules and Direct Broking's Client Agreement General Terms and Conditions.
If you have conducted a one-off sale with Direct Broking before and you have further shares to sell, you must become a registered client.
ONE-OFF SALE REQUIREMENT FORMS
Please refer to the options below and download the Requirement Form that applies to you. Your shares cannot be sold unless the applicable Requirement Form is provided.
(Simply click on the appropriate link to download the form you want)